Sunday, May 6, 2007

Welcome Home!

I want to first and foremost welcome my sister and her family home. Andrea and her two kids should be arriving tonight in KC for good, yaaaa. Greg had to stay back for a couple more weeks to finish up his year at Rice University as assistant swim coach there. I can't believe this day is actually here, I have been begging my sister for years to return to Kansas and today is the day it has turned to reality. I am very excited.

I am a little late in doing this, but I got an email from someone at Discovery Channel recently. They wanted me to post some information about a show they are airing tonight on Discovery and I believe Discovery Health about "Living with Cancer". Ted Koppel is the host. Lance Armstrong and Elizabeth Edwards are just a few who will be on the show. It is on tonight, Sunday May 6th at 8pm. So please watch if you can. If you want to find more information, you can go to Discovery channel's website, I believe, www.discoverychannel.com .

So far it has been a great weekend. Last night, we celebrated Doug's birthday by going to Zona Rosa's comedy club. We had a great time with a lot of laughs. It was so hot yesterday, we finally turned on the air conditioning before we left last evening. We got home and it was no cooler in the house, I think we need to call and get the air conditioning fixed, yikes. Ella and Lexi (our dog) stayed over at Nana and Grandpa's last night. Thank you Nana and Grandpa for watching them for us, we appreciate all you do for us!!!! But it was kind of sad waking up without our lexi dog in our bed snuggling and not having Ella in the other room and seeing her wake up with a big smile on her face. I was also nervous because the weather was a bit creepy this morning. Dark, windy and almost green. yikes. Anyway, Doug just got home with the two of them, Lexi just jumped on my lap. I think she is nervous with the storms. I am going to go, play with my family.

I have chemo tomorrow and meet with the doctor. I will let you know how all goes. Enjoy your stormy Sunday.

Welcome Home Andrea, Keaton and Avery! shawndra

5 comments:

BKNRC said...

I am so excited for you to have your sister back in town!!! Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking about you!!!

Anonymous said...

Shawndra---thinking of you and your next round of chemo tomorrow--hope it goes well! It will be so nice I'm sure to have your sister in town. Thanks as always for sharing with us--we at CMH think of you often!

Anonymous said...

Shawny-
THANK YOU SO MUCH for our welcome back to KC!! Can you believe we made it!! I'm so excited to be closer to you for good (8 minutes, I think, hee hee). We are looking forward to seeing you soon. I will be praying for good chemo today for you as well as a good doctor visit. I'm thrilled about your recent results and continue to pray for better and better news. A Belated Happy B-Day to Doug!! I love you all!! See you soon, no really I get to see you!!! Yaah!
Love,
Dre

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

Just thinking of you today! Hoping you have a good day with your next round of treatment. Welcome home Andrea! Hopefully sometime soon we all can get together. Have a Great Day! Take Care and Be Careful!

Lisa Mudge

Lindsay said...

I hope your treatment today goes well. I am excited to hear the good news from last week. Praying for you.