Friday, May 18, 2007

Wonderful Weekend Weather

I just wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend. It is beautiful outside and I plan to enjoy it. One of the nurses from Children's Mercy came to drop off food this morning. Thank you everyone at CMH ENT clinic for bringing me food each week. It is so helpful. Debbie said something that hit home... "Today is a gift"! Very profound and right on!

Last night we had a McDs party... McDesserts, McDrinks and McDocs, for the Grey's Anatomy finale. The show was a disappointment, but as usual the company was a blast. We even wore scrubs for the event, hehe. Yes, you can call us McDorks.

I have been feeling pretty darn good and am enjoying every minute of it. I am looking forward to a fun weekend ahead before I go back to chemo on Monday for my 8th round. Everyone, enjoy your gift of today and every day! Talk to you soon. Shawndra

9 comments:

BKNRC said...

Hey I think that sounds like a fun party!! :)
Have a great weekend too!! And I will certainly be thinking of you on Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy the beautiful weekend we should be having. Your Grey's Anatomy party sounds like it was fun, despite the disappointing season finale. It's all about drama. I can't believe I have to wait months to find out what happens next! Take care and I'll be praying for you during your next round of chemo.

Jennifer Teegarden MD

Anonymous said...

Shawndra-

Thank you for sharing those words, "Today is a Gift". You are gift to all of us. Have a Great Weekend.

Lisa Mudge

Anonymous said...

Today is a gift!!! Life is a gift!!
A challenge is a gift!!
YOU'RE A GIFT TO ALL OF US!!

Love you

Make it a gifted day tomorrow as well. Always thinking about you and how GREAT you're DOING.

Roswita back in Florida

Lindsay said...

I hope you're having a great weekend. I will be praying for your next round of chemo tomorrow.
Lindsay Sizemore

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful weekend we had. I hope you enjoyed being outside, in the sun! You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you go into todays round. Keep smiling and enjoy yet another wonderful day.

Kelley

Alaina said...

I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Keep your head up!

Alaina

Anonymous said...

Prayin' today's round went well. Thinking of you often--the latest pics of you all are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Shawndra,

I found your blog through Jennifer Ireland's. Today is a gift. I have a saying, which I love ~
Yesterday's history, tommorow is a mystery, and today is a gift which is why it's called the present.

God Bless,
Lisa Thomas